A cooking activity with lunch where you make a local dish at a restaurant in a renovated Japanese kura warehouse.
Try preparing an Iwate home cooked specialty, hittsumi soup, with a local woman.
This activity includes not only the hittsumi soup, but also onigiri rice balls and menchikatsu (fried minced meat cakes) for a very filling meal.
There is a beautiful traditional old Japan house near Rakumaru, where the activity is held. Visitors can go inside and explore.
Since the activity venue is held right in the shopping district, we recommend exploring the surrounding shops on foot and trying out some other local snacks on the way.
- Fee: 2000 yen per person (6 years and over, 5 and under are free)
- Booking deadline: 1 week before the requested date for the activity
- Number of participants: 4 to 10
- Activity time: 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- Meeting Place: Rakumaru
- Activity ends at the same location
- English ability: Basic conversational ability